Sunday, November 7, 2021

Puns of Scotland - part 4

Hi there, reader

A good pun is its own reword. Here then, is the forth and final installment of Scottish puns, collected from the high streets and side streets of towns and cities I've visited in the final leg of my journey. 

This last selection goes out to Justin of Cardiff, who wrote in to say he just can't get enough of shop sign word play.


There are twelve gems in this group. Without further ado, let's see those puns!

This cafe is in Edinburgh, not far from Holyrood Park and Holyrood Palace.


Hardware store in Callander.


Genius. Dogs' hairdressers in Lanark.


A little bicycle shop in Peebles.


I can't recall where I spotted this one. Glasgow, I think.


What's the craic?


Glasgow was possibly the most puntastic place I visited. There were puns everywhere.


Glaswegian vegan restaurant. Of course it's called Glasvegan!


Glasgow again.


Another one I can't remember. East Kilbride maybe?


A bakery in Peebles. Bâtard is a type of bread similar to a baguette, but shorter.


Laundry shop with a nod to Margaret Thatcher.


That's your lot. Tune in tomorrow for my final blog post of this trip around Scotland. 

All being well, I'll be arriving in York by evening.

Thanks for reading,

Brian





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Completion

Hi, reader The home stretch, one more big push to get from Calais to Dover, was a real mission. I spent my last two nights in France in a lo...