Monday, November 8, 2021

End of the Road

 


Hi, reader

Today's post will be my last for now. I write to you from Moffat in the Scottish Borders, and today I'll drive south to see my friend Alasdair in York for a few days. 

This is blog post number 63 and I've also lived in my Ford Transit Connect for 63 days whilst exploring Scotland. I'll still be living in the van for a while yet, with invites to see friends and family in Liverpool, Northampton and Wiltshire before I get back to Wales. I may even make an occasional post on this blog, but I'm done with daily blogging for now; it's a huge effort to deal with all my other day to day stuff and also find time to research and write each post. 

This trip around Scotland has been a lot of fun and a great learning experience. Here's a collection of some pictures I've taken (and shared in past posts) over the last nine weeks.









































































Final shout out to the spider who lived inside my right wing mirror for most of the trip. I tried to catch a photo of her many times, but she only ever emerged for a few seconds at a time. However, I often woke up to find a brand new web across the mirror.


I was going to say thank you to various people who've helped and supported me on this trip, but I know I'd end up missing someone out. So one big thankyou to everyone who has been involved in some way or other, and a special thank you to my Mum, who has cheered me on from start to finish. 

It's been a great time and I've loved van life. Scotland is amazing and so were the people I met here. 


Final thank you to you, for reading my blog. 

Best wishes

Brian


11 comments:

  1. What a trip! Amazing pictures of an epic adventure. We are so impressed by your commitment to van life. What's next?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Maybe Spain for Christmas? I need to investigate how feasible that is in these times of Covid. Thanks again to you guys for all your help. And food! That was great to see you and meet the kids.

      Delete
  3. What a great adventure! My top 3 get in the back of the van posts:
    3...Del Boy strikes again (Ayr)
    2...The Boyd Witch Project
    1...Oor Wullie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Justin. Thanks for following the blog and for your video calls and message chats while I was on the road.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for letting us join your adventure and cheering us up during these rather dismal times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciated you following along, Russ. Cheers.

      Delete
  5. Hey Brian, what a great experience & blog, I'm sure you'll never forget this trip & will always look back with the fondest of memories...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Brian, hugely impressed with all the info and stories you’ve shared. Can’t wait for the European version next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers, Dave. I'm sure the van adventures and this blog will continue at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Mission Completion

Hi, reader The home stretch, one more big push to get from Calais to Dover, was a real mission. I spent my last two nights in France in a lo...