Monday, December 6, 2021

Off again

Hi, reader

I haven't made a blog post since the 8th of November, almost a month since I left Scotland. Since then, I've been camped in my Mum's spare bedroom enjoying the luxuries of endless electricity, WIFI, hot water and cooked meals, not to mention sleeping in a warm bed. I've also had a chance to check in with some good friends.

This morning, I'm off again. The van is packed up and has recently passed its MOT. I'll be setting off soon after writing this post.


The UK is just too darn cold for an unheated van with no insulation, so I'm heading to Europe. Ultimately, I'm aiming for Valencia, which I'm told can get subzero temperatures, frost and snow too, but will be a bit milder than South Wales.

I've got all the equipment I'm legally required to have in the van for travelling through France and Spain, including a sticker on the back door. I've also upgraded my AA roadside cover to include France and Spain.


Let's see ... what else do I need to have in the van? Two red warning triangles, a high visibility vest, breathalyzer test, spare light bulbs for headlights, indicators etc. and a basic first aid kit. I've also got my COVID vaccination paperwork which will hopefully exempt me from taking tests at the borders.




That's about everything I need, except that I plan to stop by Home Bargains before I leave Wales to buy an extra hot water bottle. 

I don't plan to update the blog daily as I did for most of my Scotland road trip. Most probably I'll take photos as I go and write a blog post once in a while. Let's see.

Thanks for checking in on the blog,

Brian





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Completion

Hi, reader The home stretch, one more big push to get from Calais to Dover, was a real mission. I spent my last two nights in France in a lo...