Saturday, September 18, 2021

Made it to Loch Lomond

Hi again, reader

Today I'm at Loch Lomond near a small place called Balmaha. I parked right on the shore of Loch Lomond.


I arrived here about dinner time and rustled up some pasta with the last of my mushrooms and onion. As an experiment, I put some of my Bombay Mix into the pot to add some flavour. Tasted pretty good.



I was settling down for the night around 7pm, and thinking how it was starting to feel a bit chilly, when I suddenly saw some guy running down the beach in his swimming trunks. He ran into the loch and swam off into the distance. A braver man than me - that water must have been icy!

There was a light rain that lasted an hour or so and ... no leaks! Many thanks once again to Davey and Lee in Beeswing. So nice to hear the rain outside with no dripping inside. I watched The Invisible Man (2020) on my laptop. I thought it was an okay film, but not great. Then I read more of The Lovely Bones. I'm nearly finished it now and looking forward to seeing the 2009 movie, even though the reviews for it aren't great.

This morning, lots of other campers had arrived. Most people are in huge, luxury RVs; nobody else roughing it in a microvan. Lots of people in wetsuits going out on paddle boards.


I made myself breakfast and then headed to the library in nearby Drymen. Another opportunity to check in with my social media, write on this blog and charge up all my electronics.




Bug Hotel in Drymen:


This afternoon, after lunch, I'm going to hike one of the many trails around where I'm staying. I hope to get some good photos to share here. At some point today, I need to find a place to have a shower too.

And that's about all the news for this post. The van seems to be running well and it's waterproof. 

Thanks for reading. See you soon.

Brian








No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Completion

Hi, reader The home stretch, one more big push to get from Calais to Dover, was a real mission. I spent my last two nights in France in a lo...