Monday, September 13, 2021

Welcome to Scotland

Hi again, reader

I've finally made it to Scotland. If you're just joining my blog, read some of the earlier entries to find out how I got to this point. 

It didn't take long to drive from Sleddale Reservoir in Cumbria to Dumfries and Galloway. Dumfries is a lovely town and I took an afternoon stroll along the River Nith. Lots of things were closed because it was Sunday, but I found some handy public toilets.


Later, I attempted my first proper cooking in the back of the van. Up till now, I've used my little gas stove to heat water for tea, but this was my first attempt to cook a meal. I got some mushrooms, an onion and a carrot from Tesco and found a quiet spot to park the van. Here are my ingredients (plus some salt and dried chili flakes):


Half an hour later, I had a hearty, warming plate of pasta.



Unfortunately, by the time my pasta was cooked, I was so hungry I ate it right away and forgot to take a pic of the finished meal. D'oh! But it was good.

I've located a public library where hopefully I can charge my electronics and get some Wifi. For tonight, though, I've used the Park4Night app to find a good parking spot. I'll save my batteries this evening and read my book - The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. It's a page turner!

I plan to spend another night in Dumfries and tomorrow I'll visit some places of historic interest in the area. 

That's all for now. Cheers for reading.

Brian



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Completion

Hi, reader The home stretch, one more big push to get from Calais to Dover, was a real mission. I spent my last two nights in France in a lo...