Thursday, December 16, 2021

Salou

Hi, reader

Just a brief post today, as I haven't done anything except eat and relax really. 

Last night was my second night sleeping in Salou and again it was very quiet and peaceful. 

After dinner I watched 'Nobody', an action film starring Bob Odenkirk. 


I thought it was excellent fun. Very over-the-top violence and dark humour. It was surprising to see Bob Odenkirk in this role. I think many of us remember him as Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad, but here he channels a kind of Die Hard Bruce Willis. It also features another favourite of mine, Christopher Lloyd. The plot's nothing groundbreaking, but if you like your action films gritty and no nonsense, give it a watch.

It was quite chilly last night and this morning the sun was mostly hidden by clouds. I strolled down the gloomy seafront to get to Salou library (which is where I'm writing now). It gradually brightened up and I took some photos, mainly for my Mum.

My Mum has visited Salou on a number of occasions over the years. She loves it here, and yesterday on the phone she told me it would be one of her bucket list items if her health allowed - to visit Spain again.

The first time my Mum came to Salou was almost exactly fifty years ago. How does she know? Because my brother, David, was born about nine months after that holiday, which was more information than I needed to know.

Anyway, here for my Mum are some pics from the Salou seafront walk this morning.







Santa, baby. Hurry down the chimney tonight :)


That's all I've got for today. Time to find some lunch, then I'm going to drive down the coast a while in the direction of Valencia. Just half an hour or so; I don't need to be in Valencia until the 20th.

Thanks for reading,

Brian







No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission Completion

Hi, reader The home stretch, one more big push to get from Calais to Dover, was a real mission. I spent my last two nights in France in a lo...