Sunday, October 3, 2021

Puns of Scotland

Hi reader

I've always enjoyed puns and wordplay, and you can usually find some good examples in any high street. Scotland doesn't disappoint and I've been collecting them as I go. 

Presented here are 10 great high street puns sighted in Dumfries, Ayr, Oban, Skye, Kyle of Lochalsh, Applecross, Plockton, Ullapool and Thurso. 

Enjoy!











More to follow as I find them. 

If you're connected to me on FB you'll already know I've got a flat tire. 


"Surely Del Boy sold you the van with a spare?"
Of course he didn't. He probably removed the spare and sold it separately.

I'm in a town called Thurso. I had intended to leave here on Saturday just after lunchtime. But I returned to the van to find the rear right tire flat. There's a tire centre a few hundred yards away, but it's closed until 9am Monday morning.  So instead of a one day visit to Thurso, I'll be spending at least three days here; hopefully they have a 195/65 R15 in stock and I'll be on the move again soon.

Thanks for reading,

Brian


2 comments:

  1. Hope you're back on the road when you read this. Not having much luck with that van, Brian. But not a bad place to have to wait around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just minor hiccups, Russ. I was expecting to encounter some before I embarked. Staying positive! And I had a pleasant Sunday in Thurso despite the rain. Tire centre opens in 55 mins :)

      Delete

Mission Completion

Hi, reader The home stretch, one more big push to get from Calais to Dover, was a real mission. I spent my last two nights in France in a lo...